DU UG cut-off schedule likely to be released next week: Officials

0
71



officials will be holding a series of meetings with college principals to finalise the cut-off schedule that is likely to be released by next week, officials said on Saturday.


The university plans to release its first cut-off on October 1 to accommodate students who are appearing for improvement or compartment exams, they added.


Professor Rajeev Gupta, chairman of the university’s admission committee said, “We will finalise the cut-off schedule very soon. October 1 is a tentative date for the first cut-off. We plan to release the cut-off on that day. We will be holding meetings with college principals and nodal officers to finalise the schedule.”

He said they plan to release a cut-off schedule for at least five cut-offs by next week.


A college principal, requesting anonymity, said they have started holding meetings at their level to analyse the cut-off trend.


Another principal said they are yet to receive the data of applications from the university and will decide accordingly.


Most of the principals were unanimous in saying that the cut-offs are going to be higher this time, with more students scoring above 95 per cent this year in the Central Board of Secondary (CBSE) Board exams.


Over 2.87 lakh students have applied for Delhi University’s undergraduate courses, down from 3.53 lakh applications last year, with the maximum aspirants from CBSE.


Over 2.29 lakh applicants are from CBSE-affiliated schools, followed by Board of School Haryana (9,918), Council for the Indian School Certification Examination (9,659) and UP Board of High School and Intermediate (8,007).

(Only the headline and picture of this report may have been reworked by the Business Standard staff; the rest of the content is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

Dear Reader,

Business Standard has always strived hard to provide up-to-date information and commentary on developments that are of interest to you and have wider political and economic implications for the country and the world. Your encouragement and constant feedback on how to improve our offering have only made our resolve and commitment to these ideals stronger. Even during these difficult times arising out of Covid-19, we continue to remain committed to keeping you informed and updated with credible news, authoritative views and incisive commentary on topical issues of relevance.

We, however, have a request.

As we battle the economic impact of the pandemic, we need your support even more, so that we can continue to offer you more quality content. Our subscription model has seen an encouraging response from many of you, who have subscribed to our online content. More subscription to our online content can only help us achieve the goals of offering you even better and more relevant content. We believe in free, fair and credible journalism. Your support through more subscriptions can help us practise the journalism to which we are committed.

Support quality journalism and subscribe to Business Standard.

Digital Editor





Source link

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here